Weiss Lake - 6-12-2017

My fishing partner, ( Mike ), and I went out this morning for a few hours.  We started at 7 am and quit at 11:30 am due to the heat and the fish had stopped biting.  We put in at the new - Graves Three Rivers Landing on Weiss Lake.  The weather was good - cloudy - no wind - and the water temp was 76 degrees.  We fished Yellow Creek and the main Coosa river channel between Leesburg Hwy. 411 bridge and Yellow Creek.  The crappie bite was good until 9 am.  We caught crappie, catfish, and stripe on minnows, on the river ledge, 12 to 19 ft. deep.  I am attaching a few pictures.

The Coosa River Crappie Club is having a 1/2 day crappie tournament on Neely Henry Lake - Thursday 6-8-17, from 6 am until 12 noon.  $ 50 entry fee per team, includes big fish pot.  You can register morning of tournament 5 to 5:30 am at Rainbow Landing at Hwy. 77 bridge - Southside/ Gadsden.  Gary Kendrick is tournament director - phone # 205-405-0542.  Open to everyone - and you don't have to be a member of club.

I think I will go night fishing and I will share my trip with all.  See Ya'll on the lake.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog