Rain this Saturday and Sunday is forecast.  Our crappie tournament was postponed due to forecast.

I like to fish; it should only rain on the days I don't plan to fish.  Sounds fair to me ....  Since I  am not fishing this weekend,  and I have not been since November of last year; I am getting very irritable.

Fishing is my nerve pill that relaxes me, and makes all my problems fade away for a little while.
Being on the lake and seeing, hearing, and smelling all the beauty that God created just makes me feel better.  I have learned to truly appreciate the little things in life that we all sometimes take for granted.

I am getting near 70 years of age, and everyday is a blessing to be enjoyed and appreciated.  Many of my friends have passed on; and that makes me appreciate every day even more.  Therefore; I fish, and every time time I do I enjoy my time on the water even more.  Sometimes I catch fish, sometimes I only catch a few, and sometimes I catch none; but I still enjoy my time fishing.  If you like to fish you understand what I am saying.  If you don't fish, you are missing out on a lot of good times in the great outdoors.  Also, you can be a Republican, Democrat, or Independent and enjoy fishing.

Sometimes my grandkids go with me and I have to buy them some fishing food, as they call it.. If you fish you know what we buy;  Beanie weenies, Potted meat, Vienna sausage, Crackers, Honey Buns, candy, chips, and soft drinks.  When they run out of food, we're done fishing for the day; so I buy a lot.    Maybe it won't rain next week, just talking about fishing is making me sad; I need to go fish.

Until next time, see ya'll on the lake.       Pop Rivers   2-8-2018

Comments

Popular posts from this blog